Thursday, October 29, 2009

Penguin Candy Cane Holder

A quick post tonight as I am about to fall asleep - been a big day here in Creative Craft Fusion Land.

This is a really cute punch art penguin that I cased from Kim and her gorgeous website.

I bought some candy canes - Yes , I am one of "those" crazy people that as soon as Christmas explodes at the shops, I am one of the first to check it out. Did I mention that i LOVE LOVE Christmas . I am really looking forward to this Christmas as it will be the first one spent with our beautiful daughter - Santa will have his work cut out for him this year!!!
I have been wanting to some how decorate those candy canes and have seen a few ideas on the Internet. But I wanted something a little cuter - why not have a penguin holding the cane. Here is what I came up with. I don't know if the photo does it justice, but he has little penguin arms that sit above the cane.
Let me know what you think!!



PUNCHES: ornament; butterfly; heart-to-hear; 1/2" circle; slit; tear drop punch (non SU)

PAPER: riding hood red; basic black; whisper white; pink pirouette; pumpkin pie

OTHER: oval die

8 comments:

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Hi! Just found your blog yesterday, very nice! Found this cute penguin today....adorable! Wondering if you might give a little explanation on how you created the body......it is a bit difficult to see in the pic since it is all black.

Thanks!
Cindy

Ellen Kemper said...

Cute cute cute as always!

I'm with Cindy - can we have another photo or explanation of the body piece? You see we have this desperate NEED to case this and since you started it you need to help us finish. Please?!?!

Stephanie said...

Love this little guy! I have your
blog in my favorites and check every day! You have the cutest things!

Lynn Pratt said...

We need directions!! This is adorable but hard to see what punches are where because its all black. Please share!

Robyn - injoystampin said...

Very clever, and super cute idea. Thank you for sharing. I've never seen this done before. Great job!

Injoy Stampin',
Robyn in Co. Kerry, Ireland
www.injoystampin.com

Tina said...

Super cute. I need to case. I agree with the others, some more direction would be helpful. TFS!

Krysta said...

I would love to case this wonderful crittier, it would be a huge hit in my craft sale. If you choose to share intrustions, please put me on the list. Thank you so much for sharing him.. So creative!

Kards by Kathi said...

Yes I agree....we need instructions. He is so cute.