Monday, November 2, 2009

Penguin Candy Cane Holder Part II

For those who are visiting my blog for the first time, these are more detailed instructions for the penguin candy cane holder that I posted here.

I have given instructions on how to make the body and the "arms" for the penguin. I have used green on blue card so you can see the arms and position alot clearer. The photo in my previous post was a little hard to exactly see how the arms were positioned.

For the head I used Kim's instructions
here. For the arms I used the butterfly punch and cut this as shown in this photo. I then used an oval die (my oval was approx. 6.5cm (l) x 4.8cm (w)). I punched the slits using the slit punch. I have also drawn the position of the slit punch on the diagram below.












I then glued the arms behind the head as shown . HINT - I would suggest using extremely strong adhesive when joining the arms to the head as this piece will be subjected to slight bending . I used 2 way glue pen and it wasn't enough - possibly sticky strip?







Place candy cane in the slots that were made on the oval first. Then attach the head/arm piece to the body. This will ensure good placement so that the hands look like they are almost holding the candy cane. I used dimensionals to adhere the body/arm piece to the body.

Finish decorating as desired. I finished the tummy with a heart form the heart-to-heart punch.

4 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Your directions are perfect! Thanks for "babying" us on this one.

Kim Gavarra said...

OMG how cute Richelle!! Missed the first post! Thanks for the instructions! Will definately be making some of these!!!

pnablo said...

OH HOW CUTE!! HOW DID YOU DO HIS FACE THE WHITE AND HIS NOSE?
PNABLO@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I am casing this for my granddaughter's kindergarten class. Will be making 40.

Janislu